Dualtron Storm Electric Scooter Review
Dualtron Storm Electric Scooter: QUICK OVERVIEW
Review of: Dualtron Storm Electric Scooter
What We Like
What We Don't Like
Minimotors is making a powerful comeback in 2020 with a new range of models and innovations. The Dualtron Storm electric scooter is the flagship model of a high-end collection from the Minimotors’ brand.
Evolution of the Dualtron Thunder released in 2018, the new Dualtron Storm 2020 brings a lot of important innovation that will delight all lovers of sport electric scooters. Let's check all the new updates on this Dualtron Storm review.
Dualtron Storm Review - Minimotors flagship in 2020
If the power of Dualtron scooters is well established, this Storm edition has really gone a step further thanks to both Brushless motors and new 40A controllers. This combination provides a deployed motor power of 6640W (1240W more than the Thunder)
The Dualtron Storm can easily reach 62 mph at top speed. Its sturdy aluminum alloy frame can support a load of 330 lbs and can climb slopes of up to 70%.
In addition its performances, the design has been upgraded in the user feedback collected over the past 2 years by Minimotors.
A burst of technological innovations at Minimotors
Here are the big improvements to note on the Dualtron Storm (compared to the Dualtron Thunder):
- A better engine power (6640W vs 5400W)
- A removable battery with larger capacity (72V 31.5 AH vs 60V 35Ah)
- A wide rear-footrest above the mudguard
- An restyled LED system both on the deck, the stem and at the rear.
- An improved impermeability at the controllers
- A more sturdy tightening bolt on the stem with 2 "quick releases"
- A more modern and up-to-date general design
High capacity LG battery for 80 miles of range
The Dualtron Storm is equipped with a high-performance Lithium-Ion battery (LG cells in 72V 31.5 Ah) for a maximum battery range of 80 miles and a charging time ranging from 21 hours to 5 hours, depending on the type of charger.
Driver safety is ensured when braking, since the Minimotors electric scooter is fitted with front and rear hydraulic brakes with ABS. A kinetic energy recovery system allows to extend the life of the battery.
The EY3 proprietary LCD screen is located on the handlebars; it allows you to adjust the speed (with the driving modes), the battery gauge, the rear light or the automatic ignition of the device.
Just as all Minimotors electric scooters equipped with the EY3 display, it is possible to add (optional) a fingerprint start, with the Finger Print technology.
Dualtron Storm Features : comfortable driving and safe braking
The Dualtron Storm electric scooter gains a few pounds (weight of 102 lbs), but remains a fast electric scooter with high performance.
The suspensions are equipped with a rubber cartridge systems, located at the front and rear of the machine. Hence a great ride quality and the 11 inch tires remain tubeless.
Your movements at night time are safe because the Dualtron Storm offers front and rear LED lighting placed in the deck. There are also brake lights and warning in the rear footrest, which are nicely integrated. It is possible to add additional front lighting on the bar located at the bottom of the stem.
Let's finish this Dualtron Storm review by mentionning that this electric scooter can be folded onto the deck, and that there is an improved stand to park the beast. It is perfect for storing it after use, or for break between 2 rides.
FAQ Dualtron Storm and Video Review
If you have some questions about the new Dualtron Storm this 5 minutes video will answer some of them.
Here is a few topics that are covered by this Dualtron Storm video :
What is the real world tested top speed on the Dualtron Storm ?
As Storm is eqquiped with a swappable battery, what is the price of a battery pack ?
How come Dualtron Storm has more range than the Dualtron Thunder but it has a smaller battery ?
What is the actual total weight of the Storm ?
Will the folding mechanism fit other old versions of Dualtrons ?
Minimotors Dualtron Storm Specs
- Maximum speed: 62 mph on private road
- Range: 80 miles (eco mode, full charge with 75 kg driver)
- Charging time: 21 hours (1.5Ah charger) / 10 hours (2 1.5Ah chargers / 5 hours (5Ah fast charger + 1.5Ah charger)
- Finger Print: Fingerprint start (optional)
- Max load: 330 lbs
- Weight: 102 lbs
- Wheel size: 11 inches tubeless (90 mm wide)
- Brakes: Hydraulic brakes with ABS standard and 160mm disks
- Motor : 6640W BLDC dual hub motor (maximum power deployed)
- Controller: 2 x 40A
- Battery: Lithium-Ion LG 72V 31.5Ah 2268 Wh. Removable
- Display: EY3 display
- Lighting: Stem lighting, Dual LED Headlight and Taillight, Brake Light, Turn Signals
- Unfolded dimensions (L x W x H): 121 x 60 x 130 cm
- Folded dimensions (L x W x H): 121 x 32 x 60 cm
- Climbing Grade: 70% or 35 degrees depending on rider weight and state of charge
- Front and rear suspensions : 45-step adjustable new rubber suspension